Pages

Saturday 29 August 2009

"Presenting Mr and Mrs John"



So yeah essentially I haven't blogged for ageeeeeeees and I'm quite sure my very small readership has probably dwindle further because of my lack of effort, but anyways

Last week was my brother's wedding, it was an absolutely amazing day and was so much more fun than I expected it to be. We went up on the friday to start the great setup followed by a rehearsal for the service. Later that night the bridesmaids and ushers were forced to learn the jive for the 2nd Dance of the reception dinner. A fantastic moment for me was at about 11pm while Dan and Zoe packed some of the ushers and bridesmaids burst into song to help aid the packing. Highlights included "Stand by Me" and something by the Venga boys... As Saturday morning dawned the excitement grew and it was a whirlwind of activity as the reception venue was readied and the groom and the bride were dressed, make up-ed, hairwaxed etc... The service itself was beautiful and I'm delighted that Christ was at the centre of it. The Dan and Zoe would leave to "Feeling Good" by Muse, an absolute brilliant choice of song! What followed was masses of photos..mingling... champagne, followed by the anticipated Hog Roast. Big thanks to Jonty and Denise and their team for doing the sides as they were amazing! The speeches came and my nerves held out to give mine. Lastly were the dances and the band followed by the goodbyes to the newly wed couple as they prepared to jet. A tiring but satisfying day, and as I said in my speech I couldn't be more proud of my brother, who has been fantastic to me. I'm overjoyed to have a new sister in my family and greatly look forward to the many gatherings to come with our new extended family...

No comments:

Post a Comment