Pages

Tuesday 4 May 2010

Healing: pt 1?



So at Reading Family Church we will soon be having our Front Edge healing meeting (23 May). It's going to be a brilliant Sunday and though I know some people's views on healing differ, I'm a firm believer that Jesus healed, that He heals today and will continue to heal in the future. During our band practice last week, one of the guys shared this passage

Mark 1:40-45
A man with leprosy came to him (Jesus) and begged him on his knees, "If you are willing, you can make me clean."

Filled with compassion, Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cured.

It's challenging to read passages like this and then think to myself what am I believing or expecting to see on the 23rd May... colds being removed? pain being healed... (this still brings glory to God) or that blind people will see, that crippled people will walk, people being cured of illnesses they have suffered for years from. Jesus clearly healed these sicknesses as recorded in the Bible and none was too big or small for Him, He healed all who came to Him and put their trust in Him. 

I'm trying to read up on various bits to do with healing (e.g. http://www.worshipcentral.org/blog/guest/lex-buckley/healing-in-worship) and thinking of songs that will help stir up faith (on the same website there's an interesting song called "Spirit Break Out" though I'm not too hot on the rap in the middle http://www.worshipcentral.org/song/spirit-break-out). I'm also attempting atm to write a song that I hope might try to get to grips with the topic with the working title of "Jesus You're My Healer" as there are few songs that talk about healing...

Anyways I may share my continued thoughts about it as I try to keep pressing on with it, we'll see how it goes...




1 comment:

  1. good post, its challenging stuff indeed, his promises. i cant just conveniently accept one truth and deny his ability to heal sickness if he's fully able to do the greater work of redemption! "by his wounds we are healed" comes a ringing otherwise.
    whether this gives me enough faith invite a maths student i know who has lupus, is another question!

    ReplyDelete