Pages

Thursday 16 February 2012

How not to say the same old thing...



I recently posted about almost finishing a song called "Victorious"... I was pretty pleased with my efforts and forwarded it onto some trusted colleagues at the church to see their thoughts.

One of the responses was that I was potentially saying nothing particularly ground-breaking nor thought provoking with what i had written.

A stinging response for any songwriter but as i dwelt on this, I knew that I could attempt better.

It's a battle to find "fresh" ways of saying things, but one worth preserving for...

Here are a few songs that are doing just what i'm aiming to do:


"and in that moment you opened up the heavens, to the broken, the beggar, and the thief, lifted out of the wreckage, i found hope in the aftermath"


"his love is fierce, his love is strong, it is furious"


"we raise our white flag, we surrender all to you, all for You, we raise our white flag: the war is over, love has come, Your love has won"


No comments:

Post a Comment