Pages

Friday 25 March 2011

The pitfalls of ebay... perhaps a humble pie moment

So for as long as I've started writing songs and discovered how useful garageband is for making good demos, I've wanted a mac... I love how easy it seems on the program to create good sounding tracks and help try creative things out with songs idea, plus the internal mac mic produces a pretty excellent sound. While I cannot afford a new mac (I can't even dream about buying one!), a second hand one seemed reasonable and my wonderful financee donated some finances to seemingly help realise the desire.

While an actual macbook seemed out of the price range, i managed to secure a ibook G4 for fairly cheap on the wonder that is ebay... Yesterday it arrived and I excitedly opened up my package... bit by bit the dream crumbled...

Firstly the DVD drive seemed to scratch the top of CDs that were put into... okay no biggie i can live with that, then i realised garageband was not on it... okay i was sure it must be around somewhere... found it on the required disc and then watched the screen go black... doh.... a few attempts to restart it and it seemed to work again but my confidence was shaken... then this morning it really struggled to turn on at all and therefore left to ask to return the laptop. A brilliant seller means he will refund me and allow me to return the laptop but I'm left where i started... sadly without a mac...

I've been left with the lesson that maybe secondhand isn't always a good option or at least not to get my hopes up too high... maybe one day my dream will be realised fully (or instead at least hopefully my materialistic tendencies diminished!)

Bye bye ibook, you served me... well rubbishly...

p.s. if you own a macbook (that you no longer need) and would like to give it to a new home where it will be love and cherished do let me know!! it's worth a try...

No comments:

Post a Comment